- Archives from Past Honor Bands
- State Selection Process
- State Audition Materials
- State 6-8 Honor Band Information
- State 9-10 Honor Band Information
The 2019-2020 MBDA 6-10 Honor Bands are an opportunity for talented young musicians from across Minnesota to join together in the performance of quality concert band literature. Both the rehearsals and performance will take place at Marshall High School. The band will rehearse from approximately 8:30am to 8:00pm on Saturday, April 18 and rehearse starting at approximately 12:00pm and perform a concert on Sunday, April 19, 2019 at 2:00pm. Exact times will be provided upon acceptance. Please have students check their calendars BEFORE submitting auditions as attendance at all rehearsals is mandatory.
Students in grades 9-10 must be involved in their MN school band program during the year of audition and have MN directors who are current, paid members of MBDA by November 1, 2019. Students are selected based on ability, but each school is limited to a maximum of eight students. It is the intent of MBDA to represent as many schools across Minnesota as possible each year.
All student auditions must be submitted via mp3 recording.
The window for submitting auditions online is November 28-December 4, 2019.
Director rankings will be completed online at the time of submission. Directors - please be sure your membership is paid and current (The membership year begins on July 1st). Band director MBDA memberships must be paid and current by November 1, 2019 or auditions will NOT be accepted.
Directors of auditioning students will complete a submission form online and receive a code for payment. The $17 per student audition fee should submitted online (mbda.org/payments). The payment submission will open after auditions have been submitted. When audition recordings are submitted, directors will receive a code that parents will need to complete payment. Payment needs to be completed by Monday, December 9.
Notification of acceptance and music will be sent to directors in February 2020. If selected for the MBDA 9-10 Grade Honor Band, students will be expected to attend all scheduled rehearsals and activities on April 18 and 19, 2020. A participation fee of approximately $80.00 per student will cover expenses, including the cost of lunch and dinner on Saturday and a t-shirt. Parents are responsible for transportation, lodging, and supervision at all other times during the Honor Band weekend.
DIRECTORS: Complete the online nomination form by December 1. Payments must be submitted by December 9. Completed audition recordings must be uploaded by the director no later than 10:00pm on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
MBDA Honor Band Program Archives
- 1996-97 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1997-98 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1998-99 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1999-2000 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1999-2000 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2000-01 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 2000-01 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2001-02 Middle Level and 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2002-03 Middle Level and 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2003-04 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2004-05 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2005-06 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2006-07 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2007-08 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2008-09 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2009-10 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2010-11 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2011-2012 6-8 & 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2012-2013 6-8 & 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2014 State Honor Band Program
Documents: Adobe Reader
Resource documents/downloads are available in the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
For troubleshooting or more information: