- Archives from Past Honor Bands
- State Selection Process
- State Audition Materials
- State 6-8 Honor Band Information
- State 9-10 Honor Band Information
The 2020-2021 MBDA 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band is an opportunity for talented young musicians from across Minnesota to join together virtually to provide unique musical experiences and learning opportunities with exceptional conductors and clinicians. The event will take place all day on Saturday, April 17, 2021. The day will include sessions with our conductors, virtual sectionals and students will also submit recordings of their honor band music to be compiled into a Virtual Honor Band recording to commemorate the event. These sessions will take most of the day, so make sure your calendar is open BEFORE submitting auditions as you will need to attend all sessions. Sessions will run from approximately 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
In order to be eligible, you must be involved in your school band program during this school year and your director must be an MBDA member.
Here’s how to audition:
Have your Band director download and share the audition materials with you.
Set a practice plan for yourself. Successful students in the past have:
Started right away
Practiced several times per week
Made sure they were successful at slow tempos and then worked to speed up
Got help from their director/private teacher
The audition window is open from February 8 - 16. Talk to your director about when they would like to help you record.
In addition to the recordings, you will need to have your parents fill out the form found at:
There is a $17 dollar application fee that your director will collect/that you will pay when you submit your application. Please let your director know that you plan to audition as they have some paperwork to fill out as well.
Notification of acceptance and music will be sent to directors in March. If you are selected for the MBDA 9-10 Grade Honor Band:
You will be expected to attend all scheduled rehearsals and activities on April 17, 2021
The cost will be $65 and will include a t-shirt and a professional digital recording of the virtual performance.
Event questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Audition questions? Please contact email@example.com
MBDA Honor Band Program Archives
- 1996-97 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1997-98 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1998-99 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1999-2000 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 1999-2000 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2000-01 Middle Level Honor Band Program
- 2000-01 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2001-02 Middle Level and 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2002-03 Middle Level and 9/10 Honor Band Program
- 2003-04 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2004-05 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2005-06 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2006-07 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2007-08 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2008-09 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2009-10 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2010-11 6-8 and 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2011-2012 6-8 & 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2012-2013 6-8 & 9-10 Honor Band Program
- 2014 State Honor Band Program
Documents: Adobe Reader
Resource documents/downloads are available in the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
For troubleshooting or more information: